I’d like to invite you to join New Zealand’s third celebration of International Men’s Day on November 19th and help create a more positive environment for men.
International men’s day is a grassroots celebration that seeks to build community while celebrating men’s contributions to society and family. In New Zealand we focus on sharing stories of the men around us who we admire, value or respect.
If you would like to be involved in creating a positive environment for men, you can do some simple things.
- Share a story about a man you know who you admire, value or respect on social media. Use Hashtag #IMDNZ2020
- Put up a poster (posters available here)
- Get together with a few mates and tell each other about men you admire, value or respect. Previously some workplaces asked staff to write a short account of those men and then posted them on their noticeboard (cards available here)
- A movie and discussion night. Last year Don screened Hacksaw Ridge
- Join our open Zoom meeting from 7:30-9:30 pm on international men’s day
If you have a great positive idea then feel free to go ahead. Please read our simple guidelines.
I hope you enjoy the day and that your involvement brings you happiness in small and meaningful ways.